Muscat Training Institute (Company) shall ensure privacy of information for the provision of training services to provide Learners, Sponsors and other Interested Parties with the assurance that all information provided is with the highest privacy standards.
In this regard the MTI shall ensure the privacy of:
MTI collects information about customers when they register for a course, create or modify their profile, set preferences, sign-up for or make purchases through the Services. For example, they provide their contact information and, in some cases, billing information when they register for the Services. They also have the option of adding a display name, profile photo, job title, and other details to their profile information to be displayed in the Services. This includes information and contents provided through MTI website and Platform.
MTI may collect information about the parts of the Site that they use and how they use it. This information includes:
- Device information; MTI may collect device-specific information (such as their hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
- Log information; When the customers use MTI Site, MTI may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- Details of how they used MTI Site;
- Internet protocol address;
- Device event information, such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of their request and referral URL; and/or
- Cookies that may uniquely identify their browser.
- Location information; MTI may collect and process information about the customers actual location and use various technologies to determine location, including IP address.
- Local storage; MTI may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on the customer device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and similar technologies; MTI may use various technologies to collect and store information when the customers visit MTI Site, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify customers browser or device. The customers may set their browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with this Site or to indicate when a cookie is being set by MTI.
MTI collects certain payment and billing information when the customers register for certain paid Services. For example, MTI asks them to designate a billing representative, including name and contact information, upon registration. They might also provide payment information, such as payment card details, which MTI collects via secure payment processing services.
Transfer of personal information:
- Some of the information will be shared with third parties for certificate purpose
- MTI are responsible and remain liable for the processing of personal information we receive, under the Privacy Shield Frameworks, including if MTI subsequently transfer to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf.
- MTI comply with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal information from the national and international accreditation bodies, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
- In certain situations, MTI may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Information that MTI share
MTI do not sell the customers personal information. MTI shares personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of MTI in the following circumstances:
- With customer consent; MTI may share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside MTI when MTI have customer’s consent to do so.
- With MTI legal and professional advisors; MTI shares information with MTI legal and other professional advisors, for example if they are advising MTI on an investment transaction or where otherwise necessary to obtain their advice.
- Legal reasons; MTI may share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside MTI if MTI have a belief in good faith that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- Enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations;
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and/or
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of MTI, our users or the public, as required or permitted by law.